Click to see the solutions PlanCayman will implement to carry out our goals
Designate land throughout the Island to ensure adequately distributed institutional facilities in all districts.
Provide a range of institutional zoning options that can accommodate current and future institutional development on the Island.
- Conduct an assessment of all Civic buildings and uses, such as public meeting halls, parks and cemeteries and determine the Island’s future demands for these facilities.
- Conduct an assessment of all existing education sites and determine the Island’s future demands for these facilities.
- Conduct an assessment of all Institutional uses such as hospitals, prisons, police and fire stations, civic centres, shelters, etc., and determine the Island’s future demands for these facilities.
Provide sites for future facilities including neighbourhood clinics and senior health care facilities, in consultation with the Ministry of Health.
Ensure medical service availability to all residents of Grand Cayman.
- Identify long-range medical facility needs and identify potential locations for these facilities.
- An inventory should be conducted to ensure adequate supply and potential sites identified to plan for future demand.
- In consultation with the HSA, identify a suitable location for mental health and rehabilitation facilities.
- Ensure that senior healthcare facilities are provided in a range of accessible locations throughout the Island.
Provide a suitable facility as a “Place of Safety” for victims of domestic violence and their children in consultation with the Department of Children and Family Services, Women’s Resource Centre, Cayman Islands Crisis Centre, Family Support Unit.
- Conduct an inventory and needs assessment to ensure adequate supply and potential sites identified to plan for future demand